Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hallelujah

For the past 2 days I've been in Kearney, NE at a work conference. Every meal has been preluded by a prayer, but the last prayer at lunch today really took the cake. So I'm bowing my head, shifting between eyes closed and open, when I hear the speaker say "we pray for our president in his time of need." What? Are you kidding me? I was shocked, I looked up to see if anyone else was hearing/reacting to this. Nope, of course not. Oh man. We could have prayed for so many other people and things, how about the homeless, the troops in Iraq, a new president.

New to the job and conscientious about what I say and who I offend, I was thrilled when riding home with a co-worker. He expressed similar views of dis-belief towards the prayer session we had endured....a open-minded individual, now thats what I'm thanking god for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home