Friday, August 19, 2005

Working in the fields all day

I just started a new job where I work with a lot of farmers and country folk. Everyone I've met at my new job asks me where I'm from. When I tell them that I grew up in Lincoln they shake their head, say "oh," and that pretty much ends the conversation.

I wonder if I should tell them that I want to be a farmer.

Of course, I will leave out the part where I dropped out of my voluntary organic farming class and that this week was my first time getting cut up by the sharp edges of the corn leaves while walking through the eight foot tall rows of corn, desprately trying not to lose the people I was following. Hmmm, maybe thats why they where jeans and boots instead of shorts and Chacos.

I think I'll get cowboy boots, cut my dreads, and say I grew up on a farmstead in Iowa. Yee-hah!

5 Comments:

Blogger bryant said...

I thought you wanted to be a firefighter.

I tried to go to the coffee shop in Wahoo once but only made it as far as MoJava by Wesleyan.

That would be sad to cut your dreds. Definately wear pants and boots though.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

i hear that it's a special skill being able to find your way through corn. of course, you knew that having grown up in iowa.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

oh yeah, i google mapped coffeeshops in wahoo...there are none. and then i did lincoln and it left out the coffee house and starbucks. i ride by starbucks everyday and go to the coffee house nearly everyday. so much for the mapping software.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dread cutting? Cowboy boots? I think the drive is making you crazy.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

The drive....I've never seen so much wildlife. Sure it's spread out all over the road, but today I saw a badger and last week a fox.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home